It’s been noted lately that the “inventory for new homes in Boulder is fairly thin.” That is an understatement. I have not seen so few homes on the market since around 1999. I know this because as a Realtor I was also in the market in 1999 for a home for myself and my kids after a divorce. There wasn’t much available. Have you noticed also, that prices in that all too familiar log jam, are starting to break and move up if ever so slightly, much to sellers’ delight.
My theory; the Boulder buyers market as we knew it, is over. Hail in the new Sellers Market. Not that you can overprice and expect to sell quickly, however if you do put a reasonable price on a property you will sell. Condition of course as always must be stellar. Location; the closer to the heart of Boulder all the better.
Like stocks you’ll never sell at the top nor buy at the bottom. That only happens after the curve is established. Boulder real estate has always been a great investment . The average Boulder real estate homeowner who purchased in 2002 gained 28% in equity while those who bought in 1998-2001 have gained about 46% and that in a “down market.” Mortgage rates have declined over the past 50 years to record lows.
Now is a great time to sell. With the lowest inventories since 1999, record low mortgage rates and demand that is solid, now is the time to sell your Boulder real estate. For maximum global exposure a Sotheby’s marketing plan tailored to your property is the way to go; focusing on “Lifestyle” not bedrooms and bathrooms. Every buyer looks to satisfy a lifestyle, a need for living the reflection of their hopes and dreams. Sotheby’s International Realty is the only website and marketing plan that allows buyers and sellers to search via lifestyle criteria. Sotheby’s is a true International brand and not simply a loose marketing alliance. Consistency yields results.
Michael is a longtime resident of Boulder and has been in real estate since the mid 90’s and with Sotheby’s International Realty since their inception in Boulder County and along the front range. About Me If you have questions regarding this article or would like information about Boulder real estate or Boulder Luxury Real Estate check out my website. You may also call or TEXT me 303-359-6627 or e-mail Michael Hughes
Boulder Luxury Real Estate-Ranches
Sotheby’s International Realty-Boulder, represents clients in the rarified air of Boulder Luxury Real Estate. Prime opportunities. We pride ourselves in our global reach to clientele with the capability to procure high end properties. While several of our ranches and view properties in the Boulder area are actively listed, certain properties are available yet not actively listed. Quiet listings as it were. Call me today
Stapp Lakes Ranch located 25 miles from downtown Boulder, is a truly one of a kind opportunity.Infinite views and quiet. Known as Colorado’s first Guest Ranch. Sited on eight crystal blue lakes, stocked with rainbows and cutthroat. First homesteaded in 1893. An historic assemblage of Lodges, Cabins and Outbuildings and meticulously restored in the midst of 328 Rocky Mountain acres. Offered at $22.5 M.
Dollaghan Ranch on Rozena Road. A classic Victorian residence on over 114 acres with two reservoirs, pond with waterfall, panoramic Rocky Mountain Views, World class fishing. Boulder Luxury Real Estate at its finest. Well maintained and ready for a family, entertaining or just gracious living. A wildlife sanctuary visited by fox, coyote, deer, elk and eagles. The site contains 7 residential building sites and 2 more sites for caretakers quarters. Valuable water and mineral rights. Call me today. Offered at $12 M.
Steele Ranch in Niwot. A gentlemen’s ranch on over 5 acres. An English Country Equestrian property in the Niwot area. Sweeping open lawns, pond and mountain views. The flawless design and the meticulous attention to detail beckon even the most discerning home buyer. Main house, carriage house and 6 car garage await the collector of horses or horsepower. Call me today. Offered at $2.1 M.
If you are interested in buying or selling Boulder Luxury Real Estate discretely, call me today at Fuller Sotheby’s International Realty-Boulder.
Michael grew up near Santa Fe and is a longtime resident of Boulder and has been with Sotheby’s International Realty since their inception in Boulder County and along the front range. If you have questions regarding this article or would like information about Boulder real estate or Boulder Luxury Real Estate check out my website. You may also call or TEXT me 303-359-6627 or e-mail Michael Hughes. Michael is a Certified Negotiation Expert and full time Realtor at Fuller Sotheby’s International Realty in Boulder, CO.
When choosing a listing agent you should choose the one that best meshes with your personality. Someone you like and trust.
- How much? Ask potential agents how much they think they can sell your home for. If two agents say $700,000 and the third says $800,000, think hard. It’s likely the high bid is an exaggeration to attract your business. Also it may be someone new to the business. In the trade it’s known as buying a listing. In the end, you’ll be the one who pays because the high price will have you chasing the market not leading it. Also a great question. What is the Absorption Rate for my neighborhood. In other words how many months of inventory is on the market in my price range and how long will it take to be absorbed if it is priced properly. This will help you understand where the market is headed.
- How will you market it? I have numerous ways in which to get the property into the collective consciousness of buyers wanting to buy in your neighborhood. I will also talk about what kinds of people are the most likely buyers and how I will reach out to those specific people. I will show you my marketing plan tailored to your property.
- How has your business changed in the last five years? Can you say wired to the teeth. Smart phones, e-blasts, twitter, linked in, numerous syndicated websites. Exposure, exposure, exposure! At Sotheby’s International Realty-Boulder this has brought in numerous international buyers.
- Tell me how your last two deals surprised you? I have great success stories and would love to tell you more about these.
- How many people are you selling homes for right now and what are you doing for them? It may not be a bad thing that a high-powered agent is juggling 15 homes, but don’t expect him/her to give you personal service, although their assistant should be attentive, you may end up dealing with someone new each time. On the other hand, be wary of an agent with no other customers because they may lack experience and contacts.
- What do you expect of me? A good agent will have expectations. They may want you to leave and take the dog when the house is shown, paint the garage, use their stager, move some furniture around and scrub the tile in the bathroom. It shows that they can think like a buyer and that’s a good thing.
- What advice would you have for me if I get an offer from a buyer who wants to use an FHA loan? It wasn’t very long ago when the right answer might be run the other way, but these days government-guaranteed financing from the Federal Housing Administration, the Department of Veterans Affairs and state and locally managed loan assistance programs can be key to selling a property. Real estate agents shouldn’t be pushing buyers toward their favorite lenders, but they should be able to help them and you wade through complex financing issues.
- What’s your fee? My price of doing business.
- Can I talk to one of your previous clients? I have a list of previous clients upon request.
Michael grew up around Santa Fe and is a longtime resident of Boulder and has been with Sotheby’s International Realty since their inception in Boulder County and along the front range. If you have questions regarding this article or would like information about Boulder real estate or Boulder Luxury Real Estate check out my website. You may also call or TEXT me 303-359-6627 or e-mail Michael Hughes is a Certified Negotiation Expert and full time Realtor at Fuller Sotheby’s International Realty in Boulder, CO.